Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Are Smart Boards a smart purchase?

Should you purchase Smart Boards for your school?
The short answer: Only if your teachers already have and know how to use laptops and projection devices (LCD projector, good sized TV, etc.) If you have not already provided the afore-mentioned equipment and training, there's a good chance those Smart Boards will end up looking like a real expensive overheads. More on this subject later.
Remember: Ready, FIRE, Aim! is not a good technique to use in considering tech purchases. More than one school I know of went out and bought Smart Boards not realizing they also needed to buy projectors!!

1 comment:

ksoundara said...

I'm not sure If you still check this blog, but I know this might be a surprise. I'm one your sixth grade student back in King's Elementary School. You remember a Kham? That one arm kid that knows how to do everything, but had a hard time building a Geoboard. Lol

Anyways, I was just thinking back in history and decided to "google" my old teachers (you're the first).